Monday, February 23, 2009

Our Very Special Spring Break


The first night of spring break, Trent had his second baseball game. This is his first year to play since playing t-ball in kindergarten and first grade. Even though he only got to bat once, he got his first hit. We were so excited!


Saturday morning the kids and I left for San Antonio. My cousin, Cindy, invited us to her son's (Steven) Bar Mitzvah. He did a great job reading in Hebrew. After the hour and 1/2 service, we went to Steven's casino party. Everyone had a great time. Tatum loved playing the slot machine with my mom. The boys played 21 with my dad. Taylor enjoyed being with my cousin's (Butch) granddaughter, Bethany. It was nice to get a chance to visit with my family. I haven't seen some of them in quite a while.

Russell's parents came on Sunday to take our kids to visit them for a couple of days. They always enjoy spending time at the ranch with their grandparents and cousins. The boys had the duty of disposing of all the bad eggs in the hen house. Trent should be ready for his next baseball game because he got a lot of practice throwing.

The next morning, my parents and I got up at 5:00 a.m. to get dressed and head to Lisa's. We picked up Jan, Lisa's mother in law, and dropped off my dad. Lauren Paige was born at
7:26 a.m. on February 23rd. She weighed 7 lbs and 14 oz and was 20 inches long. She looks a lot like Ethan did when he was born. She is a cutie!






I spent a lot of time holding her. She loves to be snuggled up close.

Austin's birthday almost 3 years ago.




My parents now have seven grandchildren, Taylor 15, Trent 13, Trevor 10, Tatum 8, Ethan 4, Austin 2, and Lauren 1 day.
Tatum is the same age I was when Lisa was born. I held her in my lap in the front seat between my parents on the way home from the hospital.

Taylor's middle name is Lauren.



The kids, my dad, and I took Ethan to eat at Freddy's Custard Shop. Austin stayed home and got a bath with Grandma. Ethan felt so big. When he got in my car he told me that he really liked my car. I'm not sure how many cars besides his parents he has gotten to ride in. He seemed to like sitting in the back on the suitcases. (Just kidding. He was buckled in his own car seat.) Ethan really enjoyed the chocolate custard!
Tatum was a great babysitter. They loved listening to her read them stories. I think she read 7 books on the way to the hospital.
The big boys and I spent the night with the little boys. There was a lot of wrestling, sword fighting, and chasing. I finally had to take the big boys out of the slumber party because the little boys wanted to make forts and sing songs instead of going to bed. That would have been ok if we had started the bedtime process a little earlier. Boys are so different from girls. Each boy relaxed in their own little kingdom in front of the TV. One little prince fell asleep.


We took the kids to see a movie.

I think they enjoyed the popcorn the best!

I'm not sure how anyone had room for Mexican food after all that popcorn.




Lisa and Eric sent a cap with Lauren's scent on it so that Kirby could get used to the new member of the family. Austin found it in Kirby's bed and decided that maybe Kirby would want to wear it.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thanks for taking such good care of my boys! It was nice to know they were well taken care of and were having so much fun! I love you!